The Mobile Trends Survey 2010 was conducted by Netsize to determine the main trends and drivers behind the adoption of mobile technology among consumers and businesses globally. The survey addressed five trends for 2010: Activation, Interaction, Conversation, Transaction and Transformation.
This paper presents an extract from the Netsize Mobile Trends Survey report and focuses on the survey findings for application stores. The full report is included in the Netsize Guide 2010 which be available from 17 February 2010.
- Apple leads the pack of application stores, Android distant second, in a survey on the advance of mobile application stores
- Application stores run by operators score low, indicating that platform providers and handset makers may well dominate this space for a time to come
- Convenience is rated as top unique selling proposition of application stores, followed by compatibility, choice and ease of payment
Who should read this report
- Application stores providers
- App developers
- Content providers
- Mobile network operators
- Mobile device manufacturers
Table of contents:
Figure 1 - Most successful application stores
Figure 2 - Success factors of application stores
Figure 3 - Who will own the customer?
Figure 4 - Respondents by sector
Register to download the free pdf report
To receive a free copy of the Netsize Application Stores Trends report, please fill out and submit the registration form below. We will send you an email with a download link.